Tahkli Support Spindle No.651-C - (not so) BASIC Celtic Cross Tahkli - FREE SHIPPING
No.651-C - John Galen (not so) Basic Celtic Cross Tahkli Support Spindle with Solid-Bronze Coin Whorl and Gold Plated Findings - mounted onto a NEW (Un-Painted) Raw Steel Shaft
This is my (John Galen's) version of a traditional/basic Tahkli Support Spindle Tahkli - with two Celtic Cross pendants :-). The whorl is made from a 1.05” diameter solid Aluminum-Bronze Coin and is adorned with two antique gold plated alloy Celtic Cross pendants and gold plated findings around the shaft.
- WEIGHT/DIMENSIONS: 1.0 oz. (29g.), 1.05” dia. (26.6mm), and 8.25" length (21cm)-
- NO-HOOK OPTION: Leave me a Note in the "Special Instructions for Seller" Box at Check-out. May remove 1/2" of length if pre-made spindle.
The shaft is hand-made from a RAW/UN-COATED high-carbon spring steel with a heat forged hook . All parts are mounted with industrial 2-part epoxy and all edges/joints have been meticulously epoxy glued to assure your fiber will not get caught in the jewelry pieces.. This is a light to medium weight Tahkli style spindle and it is the best balanced, fast, and long spinning spindle that I make. These are wonderful spindles for spinning not only cotton, but other short staple fibers as well.
- FREE SHIPPING - US ONLY: Applies to All US States and Select US Territories and ships via USPS 1st Class Mail. Upgraded/expedited shipping options available at check-out.
- In-stock orders typically ship in 1 business day. Out-of-stock/custom orders typically ship within 10 business days. Please allow 2 to 5 days for transit time (ships from Tucson, AZ).
- CANADA / INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Will be calculated / displayed in cart.
Hand crafted in Tucson, AZ, by John Galen Gudenkauf (owner/artist) with US and Global Materials.