Tahkli Support Spindle No.651-B - (not so) Basic BEADED Tahkli in Silver or Gold - FREE SHIPPING
No.651-B - John Galen (not so) Basic Beaded Tahkli Support Spindle with Solid-Bronze Coin Whorl, Silver or Gold Plated Accents, and a Clear Faceted Glass Bead - mounted onto a NEW (Un-Painted) Raw Steel Shaft
* 1 Spindle in Silver or Gold Plated Accents for $30.90, or
* 2 Spindle Set in Silver, Gold, or one of each color (Choose "2 Spindle Set S&G") - discounted 20% to $24.95 ea. ($49.90/set)
Prices Include FREE SHIPPING
WEIGHT/DIMENSIONS: 0.9 oz. (27g.), 1.05” dia. (26.6mm), and 7.75" length (19.7cm)
This is my (John Galen's) version of a traditional/basic Tahkli Support Spindle Tahkli - with a bead :-). The whorl is made from a 1.05” diameter solid Aluminum-Bronze Coin and is adorned with two silver or gold plated alloy pendants and color matched bead caps each and a lovely clear faceted-glass bead that that has a color matched (gold or silver) center.
NO-HOOK OPTION: Leave me a Note in the "Special Instructions for Seller" Box at Check-out. May remove 1/2" of length if pre-made spindle.
The shaft is hand-made from a RAW/UN-COATED high-carbon spring steel with a heat forged hook . All parts are mounted with industrial 2-part epoxy and all edges/joints have been meticulously epoxy glued to assure your fiber will not get caught in the jewelry pieces.. This is a light to medium weight Tahkli style spindle and it is the best balanced, fast, and long spinning spindle that I make. THese are wonderful spindles for spinning not only cotton, but other short staple fibers as well.
- FREE SHIPPING - US ONLY: Applies to All US States and Select US Territories and ships via USPS 1st Class Mail. Upgraded/expedited shipping options available at check-out.
- In-stock orders typically ship in 1 business day. Out-of-stock/custom orders typically ship within 10 business days. Please allow 2 to 5 days for transit time (ships from Tucson, AZ).
- CANADA / INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Will be calculated / displayed in cart.
Hand crafted in Tucson, AZ, by John Galen Gudenkauf (owner/artist) with US and Global Materials.