Tahkli Support Spindle No. 619 - 2-Sided Celtic Horses and Brass Whorl - FREE SHIPPING (US)
Tahkli Support Spindle No.619 - 2-Sided Celtic Horses and Solid Brass Whorl Support Spindle - FREE SHIPPING
- Chose from 10 Shaft Colors (shown with Metallic Cobalt Blue Shaft):
- This Tahkli (Style) Support Spindle is made with a 1” diameter brass disc and two of the best quality (crafted in and imported from Poland) cast alloy Celtic Horses medallions that are permanently laminated together with industrial strength 2-part epoxy to form the whorl. After the whorl is assembled, it (and two gold plated findings top and bottom) is mounted to the shaft, and a special jig is used to mount the spindle to my lathe and it is milled to perfectly center it and it is sanded and polished to a smooth bright finish (brass will patina with age). The shaft is hand-made from spring steel with a heat forged hook that is coated with a 2-coat hi-temperature powder-coat paint. This is a medium weight Tahkli style spindle and it spins fast and long – making it great for not only cotton, but other short staple fibers and fibers such as silk and fine wool.
- WEIGHT/DIMENSIONS: 1.1 oz. (34 grams), 1.2” dia. (30mm), 7.75" length (3.8cm x 19.7cm)
- NO-HOOK OPTION: Leave note upon check-out
- FREE SHIPPING - US ONLY: Applies to All US States and Select US Territories and ships via USPS 1st Class Mail. Upgraded/expedited shipping options available at check-out.
- In-stock orders typically ship in 1 business day. Out-of-stock/custom orders typically ship within 10 business days. Please allow 2 to 5 days for transit time (ships from Tucson, AZ).- CANADA / INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING:
Will be calculated / displayed in cart.
Hand crafted in Tucson, AZ, by John Galen Gudenkauf (owner/artist) with US and Global Materials.