Support Spindle - World Coin (Mexico) No. 509 - Chrome-Alloy 1.25 in. whorl- FREE SHIPPING
E509 - Choice of Color Shaft, Satin Nickel, Mexican Coin - 1.1 oz.
Choose from 10 shaft colors (shown in TEAL)
This NEW AND UNIQUE support spindle is made with a larger 1.18" diameter Chrome Plated Alloy Whorl (disc). It is adorned with a black enameled/lacquer top coated Cinquenta Centavos (50 Cent) Mexican Coin - circa 1980. The shaft is made from spring steel with a heat forged hook and is colored with a 2-coat hi-temperature powder-coat paint. All parts are mounted with industrial 2-part epoxy. These are great light to medium weight support spindles for spinning cotton, short staple fibers, and finer long staple fibers for a fast and long spin.
NO-HOOK OPTION: "Add a note to your order" on check-out page - removes 1/2" of total length
FREE SHIPPING - US ONLY
Beaded Tahkli Support Spindles: All of our Tahkli (supported) spindles are hand crafted in Tucson, AZ, by John G. Gudenkauf (owner/artist). The shaft is made from high carbon spring steel which has a heat forged hook-end and is professionally painted with a 2-part thermoset polymer (powder-coat-paint). The use of this steel and coating makes for a spindle shaft that remains straight, is easy to clean, and prevents rust. High quality anodized or satin-nickel-coated cast-alloy solid and filigree discs are used, and all components are bonded to shaft with an industrial 2-part epoxy glue.
Quality handcrafted tools for fiber artists.
- Weight/dimensions: 1.1 oz. (31g) - 1.18” dia x 7.75" (3.0cm x 19.7cm)
- Re-Orders (if applicable): Shaft color, wood, and beads may vary slightly from images
- FREE SHIPPING Applies to All US States and Select US Territories Only: In-stock orders typically ship in 1 business day. Out-of-stock/custom orders typically ship within 10 business days. Ships via USPS-FIRST CLASS MAIL. Please allow 2 to 5 days for transit time (ships from Tucson, AZ).
- INTERNATIONAL & UPGRADED SHIPPING AVAILABLE: Customer pays 100% of shipping charges for these options
- Hand Made in Tucson, AZ, USA with US/Global Materials