Support Spindle - Beaded, Bronze-Finish Alloy, 1.18 in. whorl (503-506) Black, Red, Teal, or Blue - FREE SHIPPING
E503 - Black-Gold Shaft, Beaded, Black/Silver Finishings
E504 - Candy Apple Red Shaft, Beaded, Black/Silver Finishings
E505 - Teal Shaft, Beaded, Black/Silver Finishings
E506 - Cobalt Blue Shaft, Beaded, Black/Silver Finishings
Thse NEW AND UNIQUE support spindles are made with 1-1/8" diameter Oil Rubbed Bronze Anodized finish Alloy Whorls (discs) and are adorned with a highly detailed (hand-made) Glass Lampwork/Print Bead, black and antique-silver (plated) alloy-finishings. The shaft is made from spring steel with a heat forged hook and is colored with a 2-coat hi-temperature powder-coat paint. All parts are mounted with industrial 2-part epoxy. These are great light to medium weight support spindles for spinning cotton, short staple fibers, and finer long staple fibers for a fast and long spin.
NO-HOOK OPTION: "Add a note to your order" on check-out page - removes 1/2" of total length
FREE SHIPPING - US ONLY
Beaded Tahkli Support Spindles: All of our Tahkli (supported) spindles are hand crafted in Tucson, AZ, by John G. Gudenkauf (owner/artist). The shaft is made from high carbon spring steel which has a heat forged hook-end and is professionally painted with a 2-part thermoset polymer (powder-coat-paint). The use of this steel and coating makes for a spindle shaft that remains straight, is easy to clean, and prevents rust. High quality anodized or satin-nickel-coated cast-alloy solid and filigree discs are used, and all components are bonded to shaft with an industrial 2-part epoxy glue.
Quality handcrafted tools for fiber artists.
- Weight/dimensions: W/Hook (Standard) 1.1oz (32g) - 1.18”dia x 7.75" (3.0cm x 19.7cm)
Weight/dimensions: NO Hook (Option) 1.1oz (32g) - 1.18”dia x 7.25" (3.0cm x 18.4cm)
- Re-Orders (if applicable): Shaft color, wood, and beads may vary slightly from images
- FREE SHIPPING Applies to All US States and Select US Territories Only: In-stock orders typically ship in 1 business day. Out-of-stock/custom orders typically ship within 10 business days. Ships via USPS-FIRST CLASS MAIL. Please allow 2 to 5 days for transit time (ships from Tucson, AZ).
- INTERNATIONAL & UPGRADED SHIPPING AVAILABLE: Customer pays 100% of shipping charges for these options
- Hand Made in Tucson, AZ, USA with US/Global Materials