Support Bowl - Embellished Solid Brass w/Wood Ring Base - FREE SHIPPING
EMBELLISHED SOLID BRASS (Singing) SUPPORT BOWL is 3-3/8" (8.4cm) diameter and 1-3/4" (4.9cm) tall and weighs 7.3 ounces. It is the perfect shape and size for support spindle spinning for use with practically any type of support spindle. Big enough to not have to pay much attention on aiming for a small bowl and the curved bottom guides the spindle to the center - and when the side is tapped, a lovely tone is heard - for a bit of a special spinning experience.
SPINDLES SOLD SEPERATELY
EMBELLISHMENTS: This heavy brass bowl has a two-tone oil finished patina and additional machine turning to add decorative lines, etching, and a rounded off top/smoothed over top edge, which gives it a gorgeous shine. Additionally, the bowl has an Antique Brass Plated Pendant permanently affixed (with epoxy resin glue) to the bottom side of the bowl.
- Additional machining and embellishment work done by John Galen in Tucson, Arizona USA.
WOOD RING BASE is made from an oil finished natural ring (oak, birch, or white-wood pine) that provides a stable stand for flat surfaces to spin from, or display. The wood ring is 3.1" (7.9cm) diameter and .44" (11mm) thick
- SPINNING SURFACE (Inside Bowl) WILL DULL/SCRATCH with use and develop a unique patina over time. The bowl comes with a two tone patina and polished finish and the brass can all be polished bright and kept that way by using a standard brass polish if desired.
Brass Bowl = 7.3 oz. (.207 kg)
Brass Bowl with Wood Ring Base = 7.6 oz. (.216 kg)
Hand and machine finished in Tucson, AZ USA with US and Global Components
- FREE SHIPPING - US ONLY: Applies to All US States and Select US Territories and ships via USPS 1st Class Mail. Upgraded/expedited shipping options available at check-out.
- In-stock orders typically ship in 1 business day. Out-of-stock/custom orders typically ship within 10 business days. Please allow 2 to 5 days for transit time (ships from Tucson, AZ).
- CANADA / INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING:
Will be calculated / displayed in cart.
** Traditionally, the singing bowls are used to produce sounds which invoke a deep state of relaxation which naturally assists one in entering into meditation, the ultimate goal being enlightenment. They are a quintessential aid to meditation, and can be found on private Buddhist altars, and in temples, monasteries and meditation halls throughout the world. When not in use as a support spindle bowl, the bowl itself can be taken out of the wood ring and they make a beautiful tone when struck.