Drop Spindle No.224 - 0.8oz Lightweight Turquoise and Filigree - Choose From 10 Shaft Colors - Free Shipping (US)
THE LIGHTEST DROP SPINDLE THAT I MAKE...
Turquoise, Silver Plated Filigree Pendant, and Acrylic Whorl Drop Spindle No.224
Price includes free-shipping (US only)
- CHOOSE FROM 10 SHAFT COLORS - Shown in Metallic Teal
- This can be made as a TOP WHORL or BOTTOM WHORL Drop Spindle - leave me a note at check-out
WEIGHT/DIMENSIONS: Weight: 0.7oz (23g), Whorl: Acrylic/Alloy .3” x 1.85” (8mm x 47mm), SHAFT: the Smaller of the two that I make at .106" (2.7mm) diameter x 8" long
This design incorporates a lovely 1" (26mm) turquoise (howlite) donut/disc, a silver plated floral filigree pendant, and a 1/16" (1.7mm) acrylic disc for a whorl. The pendant is has the center removed (on my lathe) to increase rim weight, and it laminated to the slightly smaller acrylic disc - leaving a scalloped rim edge for the fiber to hold onto. It is all mounted to the steel shaft and finished off with a large silver plated multi-crystal pendant on the bottom side and several silver plated and silver-tone caps and jewelry findings around the signature John Galen high-carbon steel shaft with a heat forged hook - which has an industrial quality 2-part (color/gloss) powder coat paint applied. All components are assembled with an industrial quality 2-part epoxy resin for long life
This is an amazing and versatile light weight drop spindle that has a fast spin and good rim weight to handle a wide range of fine fibers.
- FREE SHIPPING - US ONLY: Applies to All US States and Select US Territories and ships via USPS 1st Class Mail. Upgraded/expedited shipping options available at check-out.
- In-stock orders typically ship in 1 to 2 business day. Out-of-stock/custom orders typically ship within 10 business days. Please allow 2 to 5 days for transit time (ships from Tucson, AZ).
- CANADA / INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING:
Will be calculated / displayed in cart.
Hand crafted in Tucson, Arizona, USA by John Galen Gudenkauf (owner/artist) - with US and Global Materials.