DROP SPINDLE (153) 1.3oz. Brass Shaft, Maple & Birch, Tribal Dragon/Magenta - Free Shipping (US)
Powder Blue edge and Natural Birch background, adorned with commercial art transfer (Tribal Dragon) and Swarovski Crystals.
ONE OF A KIND No.153
- Weight/dimensions: 1.3oz - 3.875" x 11.25" (9.8cm x 28.6cm)
- Baltic birch and solid maple
- Solid brass shaft sheathing (not coated - will patina over time; can be polished to shine)
- Oil and acrylic paints and tints used for coloring/original artwork
- Commercial artwork transfers (if applicable)
- General Finishes - High Performance Polyurethane water based top coat (3 coats)
- Swarovski Crystal Elements (if applicable)
- 1/2" (1.25cm) brass hook
JOHN GALEN DROP SPINDLES:
All of our drop spindles are hand crafted in Tucson, AZ, by John G. Gudenkauf (owner/artist). They are made using a solid maple shaft that is sheathed in a tight-fitting solid brass tube, which provides a beautifully balanced spin and keeps the spindle from warping; even if the spindle is laid on its side for long periods of time.
The whorl (round disc) is made from industrial quality 4-ply Baltic birch with a solid maple support. The whorl is decorated using a variety of methods, including air brush painting, hand painted details, original artwork, and commercial artwork applied/transferred directly to the wood. After the painting/artwork is applied to the whorl, it is sealed with three coats of semi-gloss water-based High Performance Polyurethane Top Coat for an extremely durable and beautiful finish.
BLING - some spindles are embellished using Swarovski Crystal Elements that beautifully catch the light and sparkle as you spin your fine fibers! Quality hand crafted tools for fiber artists.
-FREE SHIPPING (US Only)!
-International Shipping Available (see Shipping & Policies)
- CANADA / INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING:
Will be calculated / displayed in cart.
Hand crafted in Tucson, AZ, by John Galen Gudenkauf (owner/artist) with US and Global Materials.