DROP SPINDLE: Original Art: Sylvia Diaz 152 - Water Color/Acrylic on Clear Birch
Original, one of a kind artwork done by native Arizona artist, Sylvia Diaz. This piece is done using acrylic and water-color done on a specially prepared Baltic birch whorl finished with semi-gloss water-based top coat (x3 coats).
ONE OF A KIND ITEM: ONLY ONE AVAILABLE. FREE SHIPPING!
John Galen's Drop Spindles:
All of our drop spindles are hand crafted in Tucson, AZ, by John G. Gudenkauf (owner/artist). They are made using a solid maple shaft that is sheathed in a tight-fitting solid brass tube, which provides a beautifully balanced spin and keeps the spindle from warping; even if the spindle is laid on its side for long periods of time.
The whorl (round disc) is made from industrial quality 4-ply Baltic birch with a solid maple support. The whorl is decorated using a variety of methods, including air brush painting, hand painted details, original artwork, and commercial artwork applied/transferred directly to the wood. After the painting/artwork is applied to the whorl, it is sealed with three coats of semi-gloss water-based High Performance Polyurethane Top Coat for an extremely durable and beautiful finish.
BLING - some spindles are embellished using Swarovski Crystal Elements that beautifully catch the light and sparkle as you spin your fine fibers!
Quality hand crafted tools for fiber artists.
- Weight/dimensions: 1.3oz - 3.875" x 11.25" (9.8cm x 28.6cm)
- Baltic birch and solid maple
- Solid brass shaft sheathing (not coated - will patina over time; can be polished to shine)
- Oil and acrylic paints and tints used for coloring/original artwork
- Commercial artwork transfers (if applicable)
- General Finishes - High Performance Polyurethane water based top coat (3 coats)
- Swarovski Crystal Elements (if applicable)
- 1/2" (1.25cm) brass hook
- FREE SHIPPING - US ONLY: Applies to All US States and Select US Territories and ships via USPS 1st Class Mail. Upgraded/expedited shipping options available at check-out.
- In-stock orders typically ship in 1 business day. Out-of-stock/custom orders typically ship within 10 business days. Please allow 2 to 5 days for transit time (ships from Tucson, AZ).
- CANADA / INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING:
Will be calculated / displayed in cart.
Hand crafted in Tucson, AZ, by John Galen Gudenkauf (owner/artist) with US and Global Materials.