Tahkli Support Spindle No.642 - Mid-Size 1.5 in. Copper Whorl, Silver Filigree, 7 Shaft Colors - FREE SHIPPING
MID-SIZE TAHKLI SUPPORT SPINDLE No.642
NOW Available in 8 Shaft Colors
Made from a high-carbon spring steel shaft and a 1970's US Half Dollar Copper Core Whorl and is embellished, top and bottom (matched), with silver plated filigree pendants, bead caps, multi-crystal bead spacers, and findings. All components are assembled with industrial strength 2-part epoxy adhesive and the final product is mounted on my lathe and milled true - then sanded and polished to a mirror finish.
This is a heavier weight spindle that has an amazing balance and it is wonderful for spinning short and long staple fibers.
- WEIGHT/DIMENSIONS: 1.8 oz. (53 grams), 1-1/2”dia x 8.5" (3.4cm x 21.6cm) x 1/8" dia. (3mm) shaft
- NO-HOOK OPTION: Leave me a Note in the "Special Instructions for Seller" Box at Check-out. May remove 1/2" of length if pre-made spindle.
- FREE SHIPPING - US ONLY: Applies to All US States and Select US Territories and ships via USPS 1st Class Mail. Upgraded/expedited shipping options available at check-out.
- In-stock orders typically ship in 1 business day. Out-of-stock/custom orders typically ship within 10 business days. Please allow 2 to 5 days for transit time (ships from Tucson, AZ).
- CANADA / INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Will be calculated / displayed in cart.
Hand crafted in Tucson, AZ, by John Galen Gudenkauf (owner/artist) with US and Global Materials.