Support Spindle - Beaded, Cast Alloy 1.25 in. whorl (471-474) Black, Red, Blue, or Teal - FREE SHIPPING
E471 - Black-Gold (Metal Flake) Shaft, Beaded, Antique Silver Finishings
E472 - Candy Apple Red Shaft, Beaded, Antique Silver Finishings
E473 - Cobalt Blue Shaft, Beaded, Antique Silver Finishings
E474 - Teal Shaft, Beaded, Antique Silver Finishings
This NEW AND UNIQUE support spindle is made with a larger 1-1/4" diameter satin-nickel coated cast-alloy whorl (disc), with a hand-made glass-lampwork-print bead and cast-alloy antique-silver pendant and finishings which are mounted onto a 2-coat hi-temp powder-coat painted spring steel shaft with industrial 2-part epoxy. These are great medium weight support spindles for spinning cotton, short staple fibers, and finer long staple fibers for a fast and long spin.
NO-HOOK OPTION: "Add a note to your order" on check-out page - removes 1/2" of total length
Spindles are 7.75" Long W/HOOK and 7.25" Long NO HOOK and the whorl measures 1.25" diameter. They are heavier (weighing 1.4 oz.) than my standard wood & steel Tahkli's weighing .7oz.
FREE SHIPPING - US ONLY
Beaded Tahkli Support Spindles: All of our Tahkli (supported) spindles are hand crafted in Tucson, AZ, by John G. Gudenkauf (owner/artist). The shaft is made from high carbon spring steel which has a heat forged hook-end and is professionally painted with a 2-part thermoset polymer (powder-coat-paint). The use of this steel and coating makes for a spindle shaft that remains straight, is easy to clean, and prevents rust. High quality anodized or satin-nickel-coated cast-alloy solid and filigree discs are used, and all components are bonded to shaft with an industrial 2-part epoxy glue.
Quality handcrafted tools for fiber artists.
- Weight/dimensions: W/Hook (Standard) 1.4 oz.– 1.25”dia x 7.75" (3.2cm x 19.7cm)
Weight/dimensions: NO Hook (Option) 1.4 oz. – 1.25”dia x 7.25" (3.2cm x 18.4cm)
- Re-Orders (if applicable): Shaft color, wood, and beads may vary slightly from images
- FREE SHIPPING Applies to All US States and Select US Territories Only: In-stock orders typically ship in 1 business day. Out-of-stock/custom orders typically ship within 10 business days. Ships via USPS-FIRST CLASS MAIL. Please allow 2 to 5 days for transit time (ships from Tucson, AZ).
- INTERNATIONAL & UPGRADED SHIPPING AVAILABLE: Customer pays 100% of shipping charges for these options
- Hand Made in Tucson, AZ, USA with US/Global Materials