Acrylic Whorl Drop Spindle No.201 (Beaded) - Choose from 10 Shaft Colors - Free Shipping (US)
Acrylic Drop Spindle No. 201
European Glass Bead, 2" Color Tinted Acrylic Whorl, and Antique Silver Pendant and Findings
CHOOSE FROM 10 SHAFT COLORS: Shown in Metallic Teal
CUSTOMIZATION REQUESTS ARE WELCOME - choose from over 70 bead designs
- Leave NOTE at check out with bead number if desired.
Weight: 0.9 ounce (25.5 grams)
Whorl: Acrylic 1/8” x 2” (2.4mm x 5.1cm)
Shaft: 3/32” dia. Metallic Teal
Overall Length: 8.75” (22.2cm)
- NEW STYLE DROP SPINDLE for spinning Cotton, silk, fine wool, and other fine staple fibers:
- THIS IS THE EASIEST SPINDLE TO SPIN FIBER ON THAT I HAVE EVER USED! The small diameter and light weight of this spindle makes it perfect for drawing out fiber in one hand while spinning the shaft with the other hand and getting some twist in the fiber prior to suspending the fiber and adding twist from the fast spin that you get from this spindle.
This design incorporates a 1/8" acrylic whorl that has a color tint in the center to reflect color out to the edge - making it appear to glow at certain angles - and I use a high quality lampwork print bead that is very well balanced (for glass beads that is), a silver plated pendant and numerous silver plated finishing caps and beads. The WHORL is made from a laser cut acrylic disc that I've milled to soften the edges and heat polished. The shaft is made from high carbon (spring) steel with a forged hook that has a 2-part powder coat paint finish applied for a beautiful look and feel. All parts, including whorl, findings, cap bead, and findings are assembled with an industrial 2-part epoxy glue.
- FREE SHIPPING - US ONLY: Applies to All US States and Select US Territories and ships via USPS 1st Class Mail. Upgraded/expedited shipping options available at check-out.
- In-stock orders typically ship in 1 business day. Out-of-stock/custom orders typically ship within 10 business days. Please allow 2 to 5 days for transit time (ships from Tucson, AZ).
- CANADA SHIPPING:
0.1 to 0.5 lbs. = $6.00, 0.6 to 2.0 lbs = $10.00, 2.1 to 3.0 lbs. = $15.00 (US Dollars)
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING:
0.1 to 0.5 lbs. = $9.00, 0.6 to 2.0 lbs = $16.00, 2.1 to 3.0 lbs. = $25.00 (US Dollars)
Hand crafted in Tucson, AZ, by John Galen Gudenkauf (owner/artist) with US and Global Materials.